1. Contest is open to all artists middle school level and higher.
2. Categories are: Drawing, Painting (oils, water color or acrylic), Textiles
(apparel), Photography and *Paper Crafts.
*Paper Crafts category will be exclusive to participants 17 years and under.
3. Obtain an application packet by:
Visiting the 2012 Mariachi Festival Facebook Page
Email Janet Magaña at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Parks, Recreation and Community Services at 951-826-2000
4. Artwork and payment must be submitted by 5 p.m., Friday, September
14. Contest fees are $5 per entry except for middle school students.
5. Images must be accompanied by an annotated list that includes the title,
dimensions, category and year created.
6. Winning artwork may be used at the discretion of the City of Riverside
Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department for promotional
7. If work is selected, it will be showcased at the Mariachi Festival Art
8. All artwork must be suitable for a family environment. Any works that are
offensive, obscene or of immoral nature will not be displayed.
9. Artists give permission to post and reproduce any artwork submitted.
Name credit will be given wherever the work is reproduced or exhibited.
10. A cash prize of $500.00 will be awarded to the overall winner from one of
the following categories: Drawing, Painting and Textiles.
Please contact (951) 826-5654 or (951) 826-2000 for specific category
contest rules or contest application packets.